The smartphone adaptability has taken a giant leap in the past few years. Smartphones are making our day to day life much convenient. Earlier people would use a phone for calls and messages but now with the internet they can do all of their work on it. And the internet revolution that has taken place through these small devices. Not much time ago people send their important documents and files through email but now these things are becoming more easy as they can send it by any messaging app.
We have seen the evolution of mobile internet from 2G to 3G and now 4G. However, 5G development is still going on and people can witness the initial test in the year 2018. But many people still experience unusual low data speed on their phones and on PC and this can be improved by using few simple methods.
Try Changing Your Access Point
Your smartphone can automatically get the default access point for your network but sometimes it chooses an incompatible APN for the internet browsing. Here’s how to change default access point in android
- Go to Settings then tap on “more” under “Wireless & networks”.
- Now select Mobile networks and then go to Access point names.
- Tap on the correct access point that is provided by your operator.
- If you want to add an access point tap on the plus icon at the top right bar (Get the details such as APN port from your ISP and enter in this field).
- After you have entered all the details tap on the three dots at the right of the top bar and then save it.
Using a phone as a Hotspot
Using a phone as a hotspot is a great option if you are always on move with your laptop. But due to bad configuration you can end with a slow internet connection. Things you can do to improve it:
Change the DNS of your wireless adapter. You can also change DNS in your router.
- To change the DNS address open Network Connections then go to the properties of the wireless adapter that you are using.
- Select ipv4/ipv6 (Depending on what you ISP is using) and go to its properties.
- Now enter the primary DNS and secondary DNS in it and the click on Apply button (You can use Google Public DNS).
Fluctuating 2G/3G network
If you have a fluctuating network, then you can force your phone to stick to a particular network mode.
To change your network mode, you have to open the dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* in it. Here you can change it to WCDMA only or 4G only mode.
There are some of the few things that you can do to improve your internet connection speed.