If you are running out of data and sill want to download certain files, then ‘Save to Google Drive’ extension for chrome can help you do that. This extension basically download any image or link directly to your drive account. It is extremely helpful if your are on a metered connection.
Download Google Drive Extension for Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to Chrome store.
- Now search for Save to Google Drive and add it to Chrome.
- After successfully adding the extension you will see a drive icon on the chrome toolbar.
Saving Any File or Image From a Website to Your Google Drive
- Open any website and right click on an image or link.
- Now go to ‘Save to Google Drive’ submenu and select save link/image to Google Drive.
- After uploading the file you can rename it or you can download it later from your Drive account.
Reducing one step, this extension will help you to directly download the file or link to your Google Drive.
This extension is only available for Google Chrome. However, there are many other cloud storage services that you can use to perform the same task.