MIUI is undoubtedly the most feature rich Android skin in the market and now with the launch of MIUI 9 Xiaomi has added many new features such as Quick Reply from the notification panel which bring us near to the stock android’s Quick Reply feature. Earlier with the launch of Android Nougat we seen a huge change in the notification panel layout in the Stock Android Phones and now Xiaomi has finally implemented it on their Custom Android Skin. Many new features such as auto shut down and startup was available in MIUI from a very long time and we have seen it even on an Android One phone (Mi A1) from Xiaomi.
Another most loved feature in MIUI is theme customization. Many companies such as LG have already implemented their custom theme engine on their phones but Xiaomi has taken this to another level. With MIUI 9 you can customize each part of the user interface such as Status Bar, Notification panel, Dialer App, Message App, Home Screen and Icons. This is one of the main reason that keeps people interested in Xiaomi phones.
Many People do like changing themes but some are those who keep up with the theme provided by Xiaomi. You can still customize the stock theme in many ways and one of them is to remove the rounded border from icons in the notification panel.
Removing Rounded Border from Icons in the Notification Panel
- Login to your Xiaomi Account to use the Themes App.
- Now in the Theme app search for “Delta-S8” theme and then download it.
- Apply the theme and again open the Theme App.
- Here at the bottom panel tap on the face icon (The last icon at the bottom bar) and then select Customize theme.
- Here select Status Bar, then apply the Default theme. Now here you can also customise all the parts of System UI and if you want to move to the default theme you can choose it in all the sections.
- Swipe down and you will see that the icons in the notification panel are customized as per our base theme.
In the starting days of Xiaomi in India they launched Redmi 1s with a Qualcomm processor and 1GB of RAM which was a huge success at that time but as the time passed the company has proved its commitment of providing affordable smartphones to the users. The company has also launched its affordable high-end smartphone Mi Mix 2 in India at a very competitive price. They have now over 750 service centers across India. All the Xiaomi phone has been getting regular updates with monthly security patches. The customer confidence in the company has grown over the time that makes them the highest smartphone shipping company in 2017.