ASUS X54c comes with Intel i3 processor and 4GB of RAM. X54c also includes 2 USB, 1 VGA and 1 HDMI ports. You can get the latest BIOS update from ASUS support website.
Windows BIOS Flash Utility (Download it from ASUS website).
Updating ASUS X54C BIOS
- Download the latest BIOS from ASUS support Site and make sure your laptop’s battery is fully charged.
- Now open the flash utility (Start > All Programs > ASUS Utility > WINFLASH).
- Select and open the BIOS image file that you have just downloaded.
- Flash utility will show you the details of the image file. Check the model version and firmware version.
- Press Flash to start the BIOS update.
- When procedure completes, click on the ‘Exit’ button.
- Now reboot the system and press DEL button on your keyboard, when the boot logo appears and it will get you to the BIOS setup page.
- After entering BIOS setup page, go to Exit tab and choose “Load Optimal Defaults“.
- Then select “Save and Exit” and reboot system again.
To keep your laptop updated, you should regularly check for the new BIOS version. In some cases, Windows might detect some new hardware, when you update the BIOS and you can install drivers for them in Device Manager.