Microsoft adds many new features and provides security patches through Windows Update. However, if you have to use a proxy server to connect to the Internet, then updating Windows might be a problem for you. Many people already know how to use a proxy server on browsers but you don’t have direct option to update Windows and its apps. Some colleges and companies use proxy networks to monitor the bandwidth.
A secured proxy server requires a username and password for the authentication. We have only configured Internet explorer and Firefox proxy settings to browse the Internet. But you can also configure Windows to use a proxy server to update the apps.
- Open Start Menu and click on Settings.
Now click on Change PC settings.
- On the left column click on Network and then select proxy.
- Enable the proxy and fill the respective fields.
- Open any service that you want to authenticate through this proxy server. You will automatically be asked for username and password for the connectivity.
- Open Start Menu and go to Settings.
- Then click on Network & Internet.
- On the left column click on proxy.
- Enable Manual proxy and fill the address and port.
Now you will be able to use Windows services through the secured proxy server. You can also update Microsoft Office through Windows Update.
People are now adapting Windows 10 very fast and it seems that soon it is going to take the popularity of Windows 7. Many features have been added in the new Operating System by Microsoft. The start menu is back and you will also get the tiles however, you have the option to get a full screen start menu and you can pin your important files there. With latest update you can add new accent colors in Windows earlier only few colors were available.