If you have installed and discovered enough custom ROMs, and couldn’t find any of them stable for your phone then you should revert back to the official MIUI ROM. Moving back to the official MIUI is more simple than installing a custom ROM, you basically need the fastboot zip file and MiFlash tool available at the Xiaomi’s website. We have already used LineageOS on many Xiaomi devices and find it quite stable. Redmi Note 4 is latest addition in the LineageOS Download page.
The MiFlash tool gives you more flexibility while installing the stock MIUI ROM, you have the option to install MIUI with or without wiping the existing data you can also relock the bootloader or flash without relocking Bootloader.
Installing Stock MIUI ROM
- Open the MiFlash setup file that you have downloaded and complete the installation.
- Extract the fastboot zip file and copy the folder path. Remember you might have to unzip the file twice depending on your device. If you are not able to extract the files, try using WinRAR.
- Turn off your phone then boot it into fastboot mode (By pressing power and volume down at the same time). You can also boot the phone through ADB by using command adb reboot bootloader.
- Now connect you phone to the PC and open MiFlash tool that you just installed.
- You will be able to see the connected device.
- Now paste the path where the zip file has been extracted and select the options at the bottom of the tool and then press the flash button.
- It will take around 10 minutes to complete the process after that your phone will reboot and MIUI will be restored to your phone.
Remember to take a backup of your phone before performing any operation. Xiaomi is soon going to launch the latest MIUI version in the coming months, for now the China developer ROM will be pushed on August 11. MIUI 9 is majorly focused on the performance of the phone, China developer ROM has some new features like image search and assistant which is similar to that of Google Now. Currently, Xiaomi frequently update its devices with monthly security patches and improvements.
Xiaomi has been launching great phones with affordable price we have already seen Mi 6 which was launched earlier this year with snapdragon 835. It is the best phone under $500 and comes with dual camera on the back.