YouTube is a popular video streaming website and in the past few years it has shown a huge growth in number of visitors, the content and their creators. YouTube provides multiple options to customize a channel. You can get a custom URL for your channel so that your users can directly reach to your content. You can add a cover photo and a profile photo to your channel to make it look good. Your profile picture in YouTube is basically pulled from your Google Account and if you want to change it, then you have to do it on your Google account.
Direct Method For Changing Profile Picture
- You can directly change the profile picture in Google+ (If you use it) or you can open aboutme.google.com to change your profile picture.
Changing YouTube Profile Picture of a Channel
- Login to your YouTube account. Then go to your channel.
- Now click on Customize channel.
- After that you will see an edit icon on your profile picture. Click on it.
- It will now ask you to change the profile picture from your Google Account. Now click on edit (You can also edit your personal and brand account picture here).
- An About me page will open and then you can upload a new image or you can also choose a photo from your other albums.
You can use software such as Adobe Photoshop to create some great images and you can use that as a cover photo. However, YouTube is continuously changing its policies from time to time. Earlier, you can easily create a custom user name for your account but now there are some restrictions and you have to get certain number of subscribers to get a custom URL.