Windows 8 or Windows 7, can easily installed by copying or extracting the ISO files to any other drive but if you want to repartition or partition the hard disk you have to boot through a Windows Installation Disc or a bootable USB Drive.
A bootable USB drive can be made by Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool provided by Microsoft its free to download.
Installing the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool:
- Click to open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool installation file.
- When you are prompted to either save the file to disk or run it, choose Run.
- Follow the steps in the setup dialogs. You’ll have the option to specify where to install the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Pentium 300 MHz is recommended
- 50MB of free space on your hard drive
- DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive (Size may vary according to the size of .iso file)
Making A Bootable USB Drive
- Open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
- Choose the Windows 7/Windows 8.iso file from the Browse menu.
- Select USB DEVICE to create a copy on a USB flash drive. You can also select the DVD option to create a bootable DVD
you are copying the file to a USB flash drive, select your USB device
in the drop-down list and click BEGIN COPYING. If you are copying the
file up to a DVD, click BEGIN BURNING